Friday, January 27, 2012

ACEO!


I first discovered the ACEOs a couple months ago, and I found them so cute!
 ACEO stays for art cards editions and originals. They're small art cards - 2.5 x 3.5 inches - which can be both prints or original artworks, and can be realized in any way, from oil painting to collage... no limits at all! : )
These two of mine - the Cat Lady and the Geisha - are the result of a mix of different materials and techniques - pencil, watercolours, acrylics, ink. The decoration was done using a shiny antique gold varnish, which adds to each illustration a preciuos reflection under the light.

Hope you will like them! 


















6 comments:

  1. How beautiful, mijbil! I love the black kitty on the geisha card--beautiful paintings! :-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Jennifer - beautiful!
    Ina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! Thank you for coming to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ! ACEO are very funny to do ! I have done One per day during 2 years, and I sold them on Ebay :) It was also very good time to share with others. Will you sell yours too ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jennifer, Ina & Jacqueline! :)

    @Nicole really? I'd love to see them! Mine are available in my shop right now. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're very cute! You're so talented!!! =)

    ReplyDelete