Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Artisans I love: Shelly from Gingermelon


Preamble: today was a tragic day in Italy. A second major earthquake hit the country, and we still do not know how many people died in the event. Minor tremors keep going on, many railways and bridges are still closed, and our nerves are rather on edge. We're not really in danger - there were only little damages in our city - but, as you can imagine, this is a very serious moment.

I had already planned this post about the lovely work of Shelly, and I decided to publish it anyway - beautiful little things can help minds taking off for a while. Hope you will like her sweet patterns and plushes - I certainly do, they always make me want to take a needle and some felt, and start sewing some cute little creature.
I'll be back tomorrow, to keep you updated.

Big hugs,

Mij














9 comments:

  1. questi lavori sono davvero adorabili, specialmente il coniglietto. le scosse le abbiamo sentite fino a qui in svizzera. un grande abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is with the people of Italy. I grieve with them for the loss of lives and homes.
    Thank you for the link. The dolls and creatures are adorable.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siento mucho lo del terremoto.
    Gracias por el enlace. Son una preciosidad!!!
    Besitooos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sono adorabili complimenti,brava come sempre:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @perlinavichinga grazie, davvero. io scrivo dal Veneto, qui la situazione non è grave, ma la tensione si sente eccome.

    @Drora thank you for your hearty message, we feel the same

    @gracias Carmen

    @Sandra non sono opera mia, si tratta delle creazioni di un'artigiana su Etsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so sad what happeend in Italy.
    I grieve with them for the loss of lives and homes.
    Thank you for tht link and the nice pictutres. My favorite is the elefant.
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your caring words, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts and prayers are for the people of Italy in this sad time for them.
    The little creations are wonderful.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Maria thanks for your kindness and care, I truly appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete