Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Godswood of Winterfell

Can't believe that the second season of Game of Thrones will come to an end tonight. : (
It all went by so fast!
To celebrate the magnificent epics of George Martin's world, I created two OOAK glass dome rings. The first one represents the Godswood of Winterfell, with a single heart-tree incarnating the old power of the North. I carefully handsculpted every detail, from the ancient stones to the carved face of the weirwood, ad every single crimson leaf has been handcut and applied to the branches of the tree. The snow does not reach the trunk, since the warm springs of Winterfell keep it away.










The second one is a way more traditional representation of a black dragon - it could be Balerion or Drogon at your choice : )  He's more detailed than any previous dragon of mine, but there's an even more intricated one coming soon, so stay tuned! : )






One last thing, here's my CNN report about Game of Thrones inspired art pieces. You will find many miniature dragons and jewelry pieces that I never posted here, so have a look, I hope it's worth it! ; )

More miniatures of mine based on A Song of Ice and Fire can be found here, here and here. Hope you enjoy! : )


6 comments:

  1. Io passo, osservo e ..... ogni volta mi lasci in una fiaba nuova!!!!!! Sei splendida!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic rings. I have only just discovered Game of Thrones what a fantastic program. I take it you have read the books ? lol way up on my to do list :) Congratulations on your wonderful work.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse my absence. I loved all your posts that I had lost.
    The little deer boy is so cute. These rings are true works of art. ;)
    Congrats for your beautiful work.
    Hugs
    *Asking the Father for Him not to allow other earthquakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola querida,

      Yo como seguidora fiel d Juego d tronos, solo tengo a decir q me ha encantado los anillos, sobre todo el del dragón....es magnifico!!!!! y a ver lo q inventarás en la tercera temporada!!!!!!
      Besos,
      Lany

      Delete
  4. Wow!! Original rings, I love them!!! really great work, congratS!

    ReplyDelete