Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Skansen, Stockholm


Here we go again! : )
Thank you so much for the huge support! I have to admit that I was a bit scared about moving, and I can not really thank you enough for all of the encouragement and affection that I received from you. I am so grateful about every single message, and also to the ones who simply paid a visit and decided to stop by for a moment. Thank you all! :D

Well, up to now everything went more than well, and even if  there are still many things which need to be taken care of, I am happily settling down in a new apartment, and definitely enjoying this whole Swedish experience! : )

 And now, about these pics.. Despite the fact that we spent a whole week in Stockholm before moving back to southern Sweden, we were stuck at work most of the time, and there wasn't so much time to visit the city. I had been to Stockholm a couple times in the past, but this was my very first visit during summertime, and the warm season really turned out to be a magic moment to wander around and enjoy the many pleasures of northern life. : )
We spent a lovely day in Skansen, a big park that hosts many Scandinavian wild animals. I am rather proud of these imperfect pics, since I found out how difficult is to catch on camera the amazing but often unpredictable behaviour of a wild living creature. Hope you will enjoy them! : )

There were resourceful peacocks - they were always able to escape from their enclosures!


Some beautiful and quiet seals, so chubby and yet so elegant.


There were common but still fashinating animals, such as this busy duck..


..but also rare, wild ones, like the bear in the first pic or this curious red fox.


And we had the priceless chance to see a lynx kitten suckling!


And of course there were many friendly, fearless, cute and insanely gluttonous squirrels! : )






And I will leave you with some pics of my favourite animal ever. The one who gives his name to this blog (Mijbil), the one who spends most of his adult life just playing and resting, the one who is smart, brave, playful and cheerful, the one with incredibly strong jaws and the instinct of a juggler. Also, the only creature in the whole park who was constantly and unequivocally performing to get attention and admiration from his human audience. Ladies and gentlemen.. the otter! : )






As you can probably guess from these pics, I could have stayed right there all day! :D

13 comments:

  1. I love these places and your pics... also the red dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much - it was handmade, but not by me ;)

      Delete
  2. Ciao miji....bellissime queste foto...quella dello scoiattolo poi!!!bellissimo il tuo look, scarpincino nero su vestito rosso fuoco,fantastico!!un bacio dall'italia:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie mille! per fortuna il clima svedese è ancora tiepido e soleggiato :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the fantstic pictures. The squirrel is so cute!!
    I love your red dress. Looks fantasitc!
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you are settling in Sweden :) Your pictures are fantastic. I love the fox picture and the cheeky squirrel. Your red dress is wonderful perfect colour on you :) I believe the otter suits you ;)
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria! I couldn't be happier, and I love this place so much! :)

      Delete
  5. Hello from Spain: I like your pictures. Your favorite animal is very cute. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. You couldn't start better than this!! Love your pics!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete