Sunday, October 7, 2012

Artisans I love: Laura Jacquemond from Blue Terracotta


A few weeks ago I visited the Natural History Museum in Stockholm, that feaures some really unique collections of  animals and fossils; while I warmly suggest anyone to go and see the amazing exibitions in the Museum (the paleontology and polar regions exhibitions in particular are nothing but stunning), I find fabric entomology much more suitable for everyday life. : )

Between the several artist that are currently working on realistic fabric reproduction of insects, I particularly like the fine work of the France based artisan Laura Jacquemond. Her creations seem to perfectly balance between realism and artistic inspiration, therefore being at the same time beautiful to wear and suitable for an almost scientific observation. Really, should I ever want to create a magical fabric forest, these colorful butterflies would make some gorgeous inhabitants! : )

Hope you will like her work too, and wish you all a lovely Sunday!









35 comments:

  1. Ils sont ravissants ces papillons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment on my blog! i LOVE your blog- am so glad I found it! your work and dolls are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! They are stunning! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. La originalidad y la estética de estas mariposas, son fantásticas!

    Me alegro de haber conocido estos trabajos.

    Gracias por todo.

    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por tu commentario Ana :)

      Delete
  5. I agree Mijbil, Laura's creations are stunning! Thank you for drawing my attention to such beautiful work!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracias por el enlace, son unos maravillosos trabajos.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow her work is amazing. I love the butterflies but the moth is fantastic. Thank you for showing her wonderful work.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! The "Artisans I love" series of posts is becoming my fav ever :)

      Delete
  8. these really are wonderful! such a joy to see! thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastiche creazioni!grazie per il tuo gentilissimo commento!un bacione e buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these creations. Very original and amazing, different

    Hugs
    Kike

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for such a fine feature! I love it, and I dream of a magical fabric forest filled with beautiful fabric creatures by talented artists...how amazing it would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Laura! It was a pleasure to share your work! :)

      Delete
  12. Hello from Spain: all butterflies are beautiful. Very original and colorful. We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Mijbil!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for your comment on my blog!
    You have a beautiful blog and these butterflies are really wonderful!!!
    Hugs,
    Mariana!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Mijbil,
    What beautiful butterflies. I've never seen those. they are so creative and well made.
    Lovely.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are so wonderful and tiny, love it
    Ina :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. queste farfalle sono meravigliose , brava se ti va passa da me www.metalfimo2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete