Saturday, December 1, 2012

A tiny tiny advent!



(..takes a deep breath and..)

Hi, and welcome to Mijbil Creatures advent countdown! : )

I have to admit that I am a bit overexcited about this project, 'cause I really put a lot of energy and love in it and I deeply hope it will be a pleasant company for you while waiting for Christmas! : )

I realized it's been quite a long time since I posted any of my miniature creations here (which does not mean that I haven't been working! On the contrary, many new creatures are coming soon!). and that's why I decided to open my advent series with him..


A super tiny Santa Claus, silently riding his miniature sledge and carrying a sack full of toys (can you see the tiny teddy sticking out from the top? :P ). The whole sledge is about half an inch long! : )

You might notice the absence of the usual red and white suit, that just looked too modern to me. I wanted my tiny Santa to look like an old man from Northern Finland, with grey clothes and a wild beard. I kept the red hat though, since it is a traditional ornament of Scandinavian gnomes. : )



Hope you'll like this little fellow, and that you'll come back tomorrow for a quick tutorial on how to create gold dipped antlers for your Christmas packaging.
Today I will join some friends at a small local Christmas market - the one I saw in Stockholm a couple yars ago was lovely, therefore I hope to repeat the experience! : )


Hope you have a great Saturday,

big hugs,

Mijbil

29 comments:

  1. Wowwww beautiful and so tiny...


    Kind regards Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi lasci sempre a bocca aperta!!! Ma... è vero che proprio vicino casa tua c'è un B&B che fa degli sconti esagerati alle tue amiche di blog? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non proprio, ma ho pur sempre un appartamento spazioso, e gli ospiti sono benvenuti! ;)

      Delete
  3. Minu questo babbino di natale è super cuuuute!!!
    Che bello questo progetto natalizio! Ti verrò a sbirciare sicuramente! Ciaooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie :) Noi verso metà dicembre rientriamo in Italia, magari ci si vede entro Natale!

      Delete
    2. Evviva! Sì dai organizzeremo qualcosa così ci si vede!!! Ciaooo!

      Delete
  4. He is a gorgeous little fello I think i am in love lol. The market looks very interesting. Looking forward to more advent posts.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the little Santa!
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que precioso trineo!
    :D
    Tiene "movimiento"
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is he adorable little, your Santa Claus. I am excited to see what you will show tomorrow.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope you'll like my little tutorial! :)

      Delete
  8. So tiny and precious. Exquisite little Santa!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Drora, it's so nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  9. however do you manage to create the tiniest prettiest little things!!! You are really talented. Christmas is soo my favorite time of the year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Christmaas to come, and yet I'd like the advent to go on for months :D

      Delete
  10. c'est très mignon, le petit ours est adorable, un "papa Noël" différent, mais tout aussi beau que celui tout en rouge. lol !

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm fond of tiny things....and this one is magic!!!
    you're very talented...
    a presto

    ReplyDelete
  12. me gusta mucho , es precioso y diminuto

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete