Monday, December 31, 2012

One year in pics

Good morning everyone, I hope you are spending the most relaxing and pleasant holidays!

December 31th is probably a good moment to think back about the past year, and I shall admit I have rather mixed feelings about the last twelve months.

I have no complaints at all about my personal life. 2012 brought me more joy and happiness than I could possibly ask for, and was overall one of the best years of my life, so far. I finally completed my studies, got the amazing opportunity of moving abroad and getting to know such a beautiful and fascinating country as Sweden is, I met many extraordinay new friends and went through a number of exciting and joyful experiences. And all of this time I was so lucky to have by my side the most sensitive and caring boyfriend a girl could wish for. For all of these reasons I feel much fortunate and grateful, and I look back to the past months with much joy and contentment.

On the other hand, I realize 2012 has been quite of a harsh year for many people I love and care about. Happiness can have kind of a guilty taste when you are aware that someone close to you is in pain, or facing a hard and difficult situation. So, along with my thankfulness for all of the joy I got, I'd also like to express my wish for a happier and easier new year for everyone who is or has been suffering.

Well, I apologize for this unusually long message. This little blog has become more and more personal as months went by, so it felt in some sense natural to write down here my thoughts and wishes for the new year. 
They come along with a few pics from my favourite moments, from January to December. I thought it might be a nice way to look back and summarize the path of my life during the last year. : )

January: It feels like ages ago! Our old apartment in Padua, very cold weather, hot tea, and a huge lot of  purposes for the new year..





February: last bits of student life, a romantic Valentine and the Carnival of Venice, of course!







March: The very last (and biggest) University rush! All I remember is studying day and night : )
Plus some fresh spring rain and the very first blossoms.




April: after much work, pain and anxiety, I finally got my Master in Automation Engineering!  :)
Such a great joy and relief! :)





(my cat was NOT impressed :P )



May: some relax on the hills, in a lonely and magical place..







June: a terrible heatwave (Italian summers can be horribly hot!) and some nice excursions with my boyfriend : )







July:  the biggest farewell party at my place with all of our friends! 
There were about 50 guests, and the organization was crazy - which is why I do not have many pics of the party, I was just too busy! : ) 
But in the end, much joy, lots of food and wine, and a hundred lanterns all around the garden made it a great night! :D






August: in the middle of a hot Italian summer, I took the time to say goodbye to the places I love most - Venice first, of course!








September: Sweden here we come!
Carrot and cinnamom cake, wild fauna in Stockholm and the gorgeous colours of Northern autumn









October: Exploring the North - Malmö, Copenhagen, Lund. And falling in love with our beautiful new home. : )











November: enjoying the many pleasures of Swedish lifestyle! : )









December: snow, snow snow! 
And all of the magic of Norhtern Christmas! : )








Thank you all for being a part of this exciting and unforgettable yeaar in my life!
I wish you all much luck and joy for the New Year, and I hope you'll be back to share a bit more of whatever 2013 is going to bring!

Big hugs,

Mijbil

22 comments:

  1. Preciosas fotos de un año muy completo y satisfactorio. Enhorabuena! te deseo lo mejor para el 2013. Mariajo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: Happy New Year. I really like your photos summary of your year. I hope next year will be so happy for you. Happy New Year and keep in touch in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been an exciting journey you have been on. I am glad that you are happy for Sweden and Denmark, the cold north. When I see your beautiful pictures, I can well see that Sweden and Denmark looks good.

    I myself am in love with Italy. When our children were young, we had caravan and have had many lovely holidays in your beautiful country. We've only met nice and welcoming people. I love Italian culture and Italian language. (I can not say a word in Italian, but it is beautiful). Venice has, and is of course also strained by the large volume of water that has been so much in 2012. I can understand your concern.

    If you have not been to Berlin yet, I can recommend a trip. It is an exciting city and with a great story.

    Yes, it sounds almost identical. GODT NYTÅR. But the speech in Danish is not pretty to the ear, Swedish is the talk of the Nordic French.

    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej!
    Jag skriver på svenska då...
    Så glad jag blev att Du tittade in hos mig! Du har en härlig blogg som jag ska kika igenom lite bättre i helgen. Din årskrönika är underbar!!
    Jag önskar Dig ett riktigt GOTT NYTT ÅR!!

    hugs lisamaja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year from Spain:) I love all the photos, they are so wonderful:) Enjoy this New Year:)
    Hugs, Candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that 2012 was a good year for you and I am wishing you as good or better for 2013. Do not feel guilty about your good years enjoy them as they help you through the bad ones :) Thank you for the lovely pictures it is always a pleasure to visit your blog you always bring a smile to my face. Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2013 may all your wishes come true.
    Hugs my dear friend.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if you notice how how lucky you are, my friend :-)
    Hope the new year be, at least, so happy for you than the previous one. Kisses from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Счастливого Нового года из Украины!
    Пусть Новый год будет богат на путешествия, новых друзей, новые достижения!
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart skipped a beat at the gorgeous photos TFS!!!!
    May you have a prosperous New Year ,filled with much love, laughter and life in your new beautiful home!!!
    Blessings,Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous photos, mijbil! Nice to see your face at the end of the photos too--I feel I know you better now! You have a beautiful life and your tiny creations are wonderful. I'm so glad I've been able to follow along. All the best to you in the coming year, friend. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so great to see the whole year on one page! Thank you for the journey and beautiful pictures. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. superbes photos, que de jolis souvenirs.
    Et maintenant , place à l'Année 2013 que je vous souhaite très Heureuse ! rosethé-Minima

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much!! I love your post, is absolutely wonderful!! Happy new year 2013, I hope all your dreams come true!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this fantstic pictures!
    Happy new year to you and your family!
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Silvia,
    Congratulations for the beautiful year 2012 with all these great achievements.
    I wish for you and all your loved ones a wonderful 2013 too!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I wish you all the best in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! This is an awesome post probably the BEST ONE I read during the holidays,thank YOU so much for sharing a glimpse of your life,it feels so good to see you achieving things that you aspired for in 2012!!WISH YOU A HAPPIER 2013!

    Lots of best wishes from India for your personal & professional life!!Big hugzzzzzzzzzzzz for YOU,dear! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello there! This is my first time here on your beautiful blog and i love it! Such a nice and beautiful post of summing up your year! Just beautiful! I really love your gorgeous tinny work too! Happy new year and i am so glad i found you! Wishing you a lovely, merry, happy, prosperous, healthy and very creative 2013! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Complimenti per le splendide foto... e per la tua vita avventurosa! Ho visto che hai studiato a Padova... pure io (diversi annetti fa, eh eh!) e vivo nell'alta padovana.. Che bella la Svezia, mi piace molto!
    Un abbraccio
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic pictures! I hope yo have a wonderful 2013

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bellissima questa carrellata di foto! E che il prossimo anno ti porti ancora tante avventure, soddisfazioni e gioie. Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  22. Escluso completamente daa vita dea osei :(

    ReplyDelete