Thursday, December 13, 2012

Welcome on board#3: Realm of light


It's Saint Lucia Day, and Sweden celebrates with processions and concerts. Lucia, a Sicilian saint, is very popular in Scandinavian countries, as she symbolizes the return of light after the darkest winter days. And Lucia's shrine is in Venice, my hometown, which is another nice connection between my past and new home. : ) 
I am stuck at home today, since my cold turned out to be not so mild after all, but since at some point I'll have to go out anyway (to ship out some orders) maybe I'll wrap myself in a lot of warm clothes and join the celebrations. Or maybe I'll just celebrate from home, with candles, mulled wine and roasted almonds. : )
One thing I'd really love to try is making these stunning Ice Lanterns from WillowDay - the wheather outside is certainly cold enough fo that!


Apart from the first one, which is mine, all of these pics come from my Pinterest board Realm of Light (just click on the images for the sources). Hope they'll put you in a festive mood! : )

Big hugs,

Mijbil











6 comments:

  1. Hello mijbil,
    The only word that comes to mind when I look at these wonderful piuctures is "Magic". Spectacular!
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness and care, Giac! :)
      I feel a bit better today, and I'll be flying back to Italy in a few hours! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy St. Lucia's day. I wrote a bit about my slim connection to the day yesterday. Your "light" pictures are beautiful, none of that icy weather here in Northern California.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darla, thank you for stopping by! Hope the weather gets better :)

      Delete
  3. a lovely tradition and images, look after your cold, off to have a look at pinterest! Heather x

    ReplyDelete