Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Springtime bubbles!


Hi there! : )

Loads of thanks for your encouraging messages! I fell (almost) fine now, and (almost) ready to afford the snowy weather outside!

And to enlighten a bit these cold winter days I made some light springtime ornaments. 
I used three small bubbles of glass (4 cm in diameter, namely approx 1.5 inches) to create three differents miniature spring inspired scene.

I call the first one "Le petit nuage" (the little cloud), mainly because there was a distant time of my life when I could more or less speak French, and I miss it so much! : ) 



These little dioramas (can I call them dioramas, uh?) are actually quite tricky to assemble, because (a) the opening on top is so narrow that the object you put in there (in this case, the tiny cloud) has to be very small, but still large enough to be noticeable, plus (b) the clay top has to perfectly match the glass bubble and (c) it is virtually impossible to clean the inner part of the bubble if you stain it with glue or paint (I completely ruined one of the bubbles in the attempt to rub away a small spot).

Well, I hope at least that the result is worth the effort! : )

And here's the second one, "Flying away" (kind of self-explaining, right?)





And finally, the romantic one, "Lovebirds" (because I am hopelessy romantic, after all)




Blooming hugs to all of you! : )




12 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful and lovely pictures that promise lovely spring. You make so fine thing. A pleasure to look at your beautiful pictures.

    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is coming!!!! You did a fantastic job!!
    Love your tiny bubbles!!
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. que bonitos adornos y muy pequeños , perfectos

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej! Vad roligt att du hittade till min sida =) Du gör jätte fina saker du med! Man blir så glad av att se dina kreationer =)
    Det var inte så svårt att göra flocking på ponyn, lättare än jag hade trott faktiskt =) Om du vill ha några tips så hjälper jag gärna till om du vill testa. Ha det så bra!
    kramar
    /Anna- annasminiatures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness these are adorable! Flying away is my favorite-but they are all so cute- such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. again what pretties. The raincloud would be my fave of all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sylvia I love your bubbles they are all very beautiful. The fly away one I love best. Wonderful breath of spring.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bubbles are lovely!! Perfect for sprint time! :)
    Hugs, Candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely adorable! You are so crafty. The photography is great also. I would love to make these as a gift. Thanks for sharing this at my link party, I hope you can link up again this week!

    -Angie
    www.easylivingmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome!! My niece LOVES snowglobes and I am sure would love these outside of Christmas :) Thank you!! We are starting a link up party on Thursdays (today:), and we would love for you to join us with this post and/or any others you would like to include. We are at allthingswithpurpose.com. Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are ADORABLE! Will be following you. - Jessica (cutesycrafts.com)

    ReplyDelete