Monday, March 11, 2013

Artisans I love: Rodi & le animalé


Hope you spent the most lovely weekend! : )
Mine was pretty busy, but I found the time to treat my boyfriend (and myself too!) with a few special recipes. And while I do sometimes find it annoying to cook when I'm feeling in a lazy mood, I think it's a very relaxing activity when you're in the middle of a rush - cutting onions and slicing fresh ginger really helps take your mind away for a while. : )

Oh, and I didn't even finish to write about how sunny and mild Swedish weather has been recently that a huge snowfall washed away any sign of springtime! 
Perfect timing as usual! :D 

Now, to start the week at best, I'm writing about two artisans that I have been admiring for quite a long time.
The first one is the France based Romanian artist Rodi. I think I saw her tiny houses for the first time about three years ago, and since then I have been following the evolution of her cute, delicate style.
Every winter she comes out with the most stunning miniature snow villages, mushroom huts and Christmas trees, but now that I stumbled upon her delicious springtime creations, I couldn't really avoid sharing them with you. Just look at the pastel shades and perfect details of these tiny tiny houses! : )
Aren't they just adorable?






From houses to animals now! I have the pleasure to introduce the fabulous creations of Laura from le animalé
I still can't explain why I haven't written about her yet, since I have always been a fan of her tiny animals and I admire her skills so much! : )
Laura is not only one of the most talented miniaturists on Etsy (and amazing photographer as well, as you can see from her pics) but also an extremely nice and friendly person. I remember writing her for information, last year, and she was really kind and helpful - and I think it's great to find someone willing to share tips and suggestion for no other reason than just being nice to people. : )
Plus, I like her creations so much that I got lost looking through her "sold orders" on Etsy while selecting the images for this post. It was a really hard choice! 
So don't miss the chance of exploring her beautiful shop, I promise you won't regret it! : )










7 comments:

  1. Hello Mijbil,
    What greatw ork. They really are incredibly talented artist. i love their vision. I hope spring comes back soon.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors, so many petit irresistible animals and houses.
    Hugs
    Wyrrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for liking my work and for your lovely words, Silvia!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jag tycker också sakerna är jättesöta. (I also think these tiny things are very cute.)

    Hälsning från Lil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we just had a bunch of snow also- but spring will still come in the end--we just have a bit more to wait now :) Thank you for the link- I am going to go check out her shop after I leave here. Such wonderful painting details on such tiny work- just incredible! Hope your day is sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read several just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you place to make this type of excellent informative site.

    Look into my web-site; cheap nike free run

    ReplyDelete