Thursday, May 16, 2013

Spain, day 2


And finally here are the pics from my second day in Andalusia! : )

We spent the morning visiting the beautiful cathedral of Malaga, and then the Alcazaba, an Arabic  fortress which includes a labyrinth of gardens and fountains. 
I have been much fashinated by Arabic architecture since I visited the breathtaking Alhambra palace in Granada, many years ago, and I much appreciate how the delicate beauty of rose gardens and fresh pergolas balances the strenght of the fortress walls.










And after such a syncretic morning, we deserved somemore delicious tapas before leaving for Sevilla. : )
And yes, as Mari and Marian already suggested, there is the real risk for me to come back more than a bit chubbier, thanks to the delicacies of Spanish cooking..


On our train to Sevilla we had the chance to spot some beautiful mountain landscapes and olive groves..

..while one of the first things we saw in Sevilla were the fragrant orange trees in the parks. 

Ah, Sevilla, the heart of Andalusia! : )
There are no words to describe the beauty of this city, which I started exploring on my own, tonight, since my boyfriend was busy with a meeting. I got pleasantly lost through the little calles of the barrio of Santa Cruz, and had a first look on the majestic cathedral of St. Mary..

..and treated myself with some other tapas (the ones in the pic are fried bits of camembert cheese served with berry sauce.. but the range of different tapas is basically endless, and I just can not resist..)

Hope you enjoyed the pics, and see you tomorrow! : )

7 comments:

  1. The photos are beautiful. It looks a fascinating area. I have to admit the fried camembert looks especially devine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mijbil,
    I'm a little bit jealous. I still want to visit the Alhambra.
    Nice pictures of Spain.
    Hugs Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mijbil,
    The sites look amazing and the food delicious. i am glad you are having a good time. Enjoy.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: I am happy to see your picture in my country. I'm glad you have a safe trip. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sites your pictures are breathtaking. My sister just got back from Savile and said that it was one of the most beautiful cities she has ever seen. Enjoy the rest of your trip and thank you for bringing us along :D
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sevilla ¡que envidia!!! me encanta esa ciudad, seguro que estaras disfrutandola. Bueno ayer se me olvido decirte también que tuvieras cuidado con el vinito Manzanilla pero seguro que ya te habras dado cuenta. JIJIJIJI.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. mi par di capire che metti egual impegno nel nutrire sia la mente che la pancia. Scelta saggia e foto belle. baci baba P.

    ReplyDelete