Friday, June 14, 2013

Bjärred


Well, you might already know that I am not the biggest fan of beach excursions nor sunbathing.
But the weather has been so nice lately that even a lazy, winter-loving person as me decided to reach the seaside and spend a few hours in the sun. : )

It took us less than an hour by bike to reach Bjärred, a lovely and peaceful village on the western coast which is known for having the longest jetty in Sweden. : )

I think the best thing was riding across country paths and poppy fields to get there!
Flowers have been blooming in Sweden since the end of March, and it really seems to me that new colours and scents are always around the corner..



  (and yes, you sometimes have the sensation of being stuck into a Windows wallpaper) :D









There's a little restaurant at the end of the jetty, and after such a ride I felt I deserved a little treat ; )














Oh, it was such a lovely day! : )
Bonus pic: Elliot, once again! He's been following us everywhere! ^__^

8 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain, awesome pics. I like beach and plane. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mijbil,
    How can I concentrate on work when I see beautiful places like that! It looks wonderful. Glad you had fun.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mijbil, this must have been a wonderful day :D! Your pictures are gorgeous and I wish I could ne there in Sweden, you had the most beautiful weather there. Enjoy the memories of this beautiful day!
    I am a winter-loving person too, but I am born at the seaside, so thank you for this treat of beautiful pictures of the waterside :D!
    Have a great weekend. Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ma vuoi farmi crepare d'invidia? ;)
    Quel campo di papaveri è una meraviglia... come tutto il resto!
    Buon fine settimana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness..... such Blissfully beautiful pictures!!! Thank you for taking us to the beach with you... those meadows are Unbelievable... and your photos really capture them perfectly! And the sun glistening on the Water is Divine!!!

    ReplyDelete