Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Last pics from Spain


Finally! : )

I know I am horribly late, but I couln't really hold back from sharing the pics from our last two days in Sevilla - which is honestly one of the most stunning places I have ever visited.


Let's start with the Real Alcázar, a former Moorish castle surrounded by large and shady gardens. I am sorry that these pics don't really do any justice to the incredible mix of colours, scents and sounds of the Alcázar park, with its many flowers, fountains, palms and majestic peacocks.
Such an enchanted and refreshing place in the very heart of the city!
























(the only reason we look a bit uninpressed in the pic above is that.. we were hungry! Every explorer deserves a good lunch, right?)



In the afternoon we visited the gigantic Cathedral, which is said to be one of the largest in the world. 
But while the Cathedral of Sevilla is a masterpiece beyond any doubt, I have to admit that I much preferred its quiet inner orange garden. : )
Still, the view from the top of the Giralda bell tower was absolutely worth the climb!








And finally, the peaceful beauty of Plaza de España at sunset! : )
Looks a bit like Venice, uh?










Hope you liked the pics!
And one last think before I forget: Mijbil Creatures now has a brand new Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/MijbilCreatures

so if you want, come and say hi to me over there! : )

8 comments:

  1. Hello Mijbil,
    It looks like a dream holiday! What incredible palces you have seen. Thank you for sharing the great pictures.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures. Savilla is on my list of places to visit :D It looks so beautiful. Hopefully one day.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grazie per le immagini che hai postato. Meravigliosa città!
    Un caro saluto. Manu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos, always wonderful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pictures of an amazing place! I enjoyed seeing the peacocks as I have recently painted some on the walls in my Tiny Tree House! It looks as though you had a Fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures. It looks an amazing place. Love some of the architectural details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm so glad to know you like my country! :-) I live just at 140 km. from Sevilla, and I agree with you that it's a wonderful, beautiful city, filled with light and History. The Giralda was in other time a muslim minaret, you know? When Christians reconquered Sevilla from the muslims, they built a bell tour on the top of it. You're right, Sevilla's Cathedral is the most bigger in the world, only more little than St. Peter's Basilica, in the Vatican.

    Sorry for my bad English. Thanks for sharing so lovely pics! Hugs!

    .

    ReplyDelete