Sunday, June 2, 2013

Some quick WIP


First post of June with a few work in progress pics from several projects I have been working on lately, such as this Micro Munny spirit. He is supposed to be a woodland creature, with a body texture that looks like a trunk and soft green hair like springtime leaves on a tree.
I think this is one of the funniest things I have ever worked on, because I decided to use coloured clay directly on vinyl (I usually work with white clay, then prime it and add many layers of paint). 
The details in this case were too many and too tiny to allow brush painting, so I just allowed myself to go a little crazy with any shade of clay I could create. : )

These pics were taken a few days ago, but now my little creature looks way more advanced!
I plan to add up to 41 tiny creatures all over him, so it will be 42 if you include the big one. 
Can you guess why? : )


Oh yes, there is a tiny quartz crystal inside the body of this creature. I assume the little fuchsia animal is its guardian.. : )

And now another WIP that has been going on for a while. 
Still about vinyl, this is my attempt to create a 4 inch Mini Munny version of.. Thorin Oakenshield himself! The Dwarven King Under the Mountain from Tolkien's "Hobbit".

As you can see, it turned out to be a super complex project. I used 42 tiny tiles just for his arms, and the many complicated layers of his outfit made my life quite complicated. : )
Anyway, now I'm done with sculpting and priming, and it's finally time to start painting this little fellow!





Oh, and in the meanwhile I also found the time for a miniature 1 inch version of the same character.. here it is, caugth in the middle of action in Middle Earth wild! : )





6 comments:

  1. Ciao bella!!E' sempre bello passare da te,ogni tanto ci trovo foto bellissime di fiori coloratissimi e di pranzetti coi fiocchi, altre volte ci trovo le tue creazioni incredibili....sei sempre più brava miji!!!
    baci
    ila
    Ps:ti sei già iscritta al mio give?ti aspetto!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're SO CUTE!!!!!!!! I love the first one, with all the mini creatures:)
    Hugs, Candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your creations are wonderful. I love your woodland Munny. Fantastic work.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of those colorful mini creatures--wow! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. 41? Non oso immaginare quanto lavoro ci sia dietro ogni piccola creatura... sei incredibile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Che meraviglia!! Complimenti!!
    Gabriella

    ReplyDelete