Monday, August 12, 2013

The Isle of Skye


Hi everyone! : )

As I promised, here are the first pics from the West Highlands, in particular from the breathtaking Isle of Skye, the second-largest island in Scotland. It is almost heartbreaking to look at these pics now that I am back in Sweden. The majestic cliffs and steep mountains, the waterfalls and the dozens of silver rivlets that run down the hills, the black rocks against the amazing blue of the sea, and the sun shining over the colourful boats in the harbours.. and the extraordinary wildlife too, of course! Skye won my heart from the very moment I crossed the bridge over Loch Alsh and set my eyes on the stunning landscapes of the island, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed every moment I spent there, in the sun or under the rain, trekking along the cliffs or exploring the coast by boat. 

And if you add to the picture the warm, genuine hospitality of the islanders, the fresh fish in the pubs in Portree, and the quiet evenings spent between a pint of beer and a walk near the harbour, you can picture how much I already miss being there.































(sorry if the pic is not very clear, but since we had the fantastic opportunity of seeing some huge sea eagles flying arond the cliffs, I wanted to share the only image I managed to catch of these beautiful animals, even if it's kind of blurry)



I really hope that these pics might inspire someone else to go and discover the unique landscapes of Skye. I wasn't certainly expecting such a dramatic, outstanding beauty, and while I am very thankful for the opportunity of being there for a few days, I miss it already, and I hope there will be more chances to go back to the island. Farewell!



11 comments:

  1. me alegro de hayas disfrutado del viaje ,aunque haya sido corto, las fotografias son impresionantes y los paisajes preciosos , gracias por compartirlas

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just recently watched a documentary on television about this Island and was very impressed with the landscape...so to have some real photo's to look at from there so soon is just wonderful! Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vim retribuir a visita que fez ao meu blog, e fiquei encantada com estas imagens! Vou voltar mais vezes... Também estou a passar férias numa ilha lindissima, Ilha de São Jorge, nos Açores!Obrigado pela partilha!Manuela

    cemmanias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The landscape is wonderful! Amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mijbil,
    How can I concentrate on work when I look at amazing pictures like that!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited there 10 years ago...how time flies! Your beautiful photos brought back many warm memories. Such a lovely place. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful place. I wish I could go there

    http://puputnopitasari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your photos of your trip. Looks like a really beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos!! Thanks for sharing with us. I'm happy to see that you have enjoyen your trip there:)
    Hugs, Candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing scenery!! bet you had a wonderful trip<3


    xoxo, MICH GLOSSARY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anche questi sono posti bellissimi e anche noti sotto certi versi.
    Buona serata

    ReplyDelete