Friday, September 20, 2013

Gnome terrariums: a pop twist!


Hello my dear friends, and welcome to the new ones! : )

It's a dark September evening, and in a few hours - at midnight - autumn will be officially here. And I am already wrapped in a cozy burgundy sweater!

Also, I will be alone for the whole weekend - my boyfriend is enjoying a little trip to Berlin, and I'll be working on the many miniature projects that lay on my table. 
Mushrooms and gnomes seemed like the perfect autumnal theme to me, and while I am still working on a whole lot of terrariums featring "traditional" colours - mainly red and white, both for the pixies and the toadstools - I also decided to create a bunch of micro gardens in bright pop shades. Acid green and fuschia, what do you think about this mix? 


The ceramic mugs you see in these pics are surprisingly tiny, just 8 mm high (approx one third of an inch!). 
I love the idea of a teeny tiny terrarium that can be placed anywhere, on the corner of a laptop or directly on the desk, to brighten up a working place.




But I also wanted to create some sightly more complex fairy gardens. So I took some little crown-shaped charms, and I filled them with colourful mushrooms in different sizes and shapes, tiny elves, micro beads, handsculpted branches and a bit of real moss. And here's the result! : )


They are very tiny too!




And I think from now on I will always keep one of these on my laptop, they just look so cute - you can also spot my favourite dotted mug in the pic below. And with a cup of hot coffee, a cozy cardigan and a tiny gnome keeping me company, I am ready for the incoming autmn season! : )


Ps: the gnome terrariums are - or will be soon - available in my Etsy shop
Pps: don't miss the next post, since I'll draw the winner of my little Halloween giveaway! : )


Wish you all a lovely weekend!


11 comments:

  1. They are lovely!!! I love the mugs with them inside:)
    Have a great Autumn!
    Hugs, Candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite season Autumn! The fairy gardens are to cute for words. Hug AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, so sweet and cute!!! I love it!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fairy gardens they are sooo cute. Have a wonderful mini weekend :)
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrariums and crowns are amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiny treasures! I love these adorable little gardens. I wish you a cozy, productive weekend.
    Hugs,Drora

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just so sweet. I love the bright spotted toadstools.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terribilmete piccoli e terribilmente carini!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all so cute, and so tiny =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ♥ fairy gardens! I love to make them with my dolls and dollhouses but yours are so precious being so tiny!

    ReplyDelete