Sunday, September 8, 2013

Of foxes and fairies..



Although we're enjoying some sunny, warm and cloudless day, I am aware that autumn is coming soon. There are already red berries on the bushes, and the apple season is about to begin. 
And nothing speaks of autumn woods and red leaves more than the fulvous fur of a fox! : )

So, let me introduce the newborn baby foxes at Mijbil Creatures! 


This little boy loves to dress up as a fox. He likes to wear his cozy costume and snuggle into a tiny trunk which is just large enough for him to fit in. And the tiny box has an autumnal copper shade as well!



Next, I am going to introduce my micro foxes. Each of these stands on the top of a dollhouse-sized tiny fork, and looks around with much curiosity and amusement. : )



As you can see, each fox is tinier than a grain of rice! : )



And finally, a tiny creation of which I am very proud of. She's a miniature autumn fairy, wearing a crown made of leaves and berries, and she's playing with her favourite pet, a little vixen. : )


The fairy is sitting on a miniature teacup (can you spot the tiny acorn on the saucer?) and comes with a cute little teapot that can be worn as a charm.


See how small she is? : )
Adding a lot of extremely tiny details (such as the micro beads on the berry crown) is definitely one of the most enjoyable steps in the sculpting process. 

All these little foxes and creatures will be available soon in my Etsy shop. Meanwhile, I wish you a nice Sunday and I leave you to the amazing recipe that I am going to try today: chocolate truffle tarts by Simply Delicious. I will let you know how they turn out! Are you planning to bake some little treats for the weekend too? : )



12 comments:

  1. The detail in your sculptures is amazing. So tiny and cute. The fairy looks lovely nestled into her cup and the little fox on the fork is just adorable. As for the tarts, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your micro tiny characters are getting more beautiful each time I look. The fairy is amazing. I love them all. You are extremely talented.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. La fata d'autunno è favolosa!
    Ciao, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rimango sempre più incantata dalle tue creazioni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much detail and so tiny you are so talented. I love your fairy she is gorgeous. Wonderful work.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just discovered your blog/Etsy shop,and I am IN LOVE! You are sooo talented! What are your creatures made of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I mainly use polymer clay, and I sometimes add micro beads, gemstones, moss and other different materials as decorations. Thank you again for your message! :)

      Delete
  7. I am in awe! Your creations are so darling and well made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stai facendo di tutto per contagiarmi e obbligarmi ad aprore una board MR:FOX!? AHAHAH!!! Come sempre lavori adorabili!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mi sembra un'ottima idea invece! :D (ps: grazie mille!)

      Delete
  9. They are lovely!! I just love the fairy with the little fox:)
    Hugs, Candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mijbil,
    the little fairy and the small fox are so cute!!
    Can´t belive they are so small!! Fantastic work!!
    Greetings and a hug
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete