Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Christmas tree mission, part 1

Sorry for being so late with today's post.. : )


When it snowed for the first time this winter, I 
decided I did not want to wait any longer for my Christmas tree. : )



So I wore my warmest socks..


Plus hat, a big scarf and one of my boyfriend's jumpers..


..and we walked out in the snow, to get to the plant shop!



It was a really nice walk through the freshly fallen snow! 



We chose a nice silver fir..


..we brought it back home..


..and got ready to decorate it!



Yes, gingerbread cookies are one of my favourite ornaments!
They cost (almost) nothing, they are simpe and festive, 
and they add a delicious cinnamon&ginger scent 
to the resin perfume of the tree. : )
So we started putting lights, garlands, glass bubbles and cookies on the branches of our tree..


..while more snow was falling on the huge fir in the garden! : )
(ok, the snow in the above image is just one of Google automatic effects.. but isn't it cute? )

I'll show yo my finished tree tomorrow! 
Well, it's never really finished yet, because I keep adding 
little ornaments that I find around or get from our friends..
..still, I hope you will like it!

Wish you a magic weekend,
big hugs,

Mijbil



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your decorated tree. I know it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: beautiful Christmas photos. I love the snow. In my town does not snow. Cookies are very tasty. Merry Christmas. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete