Friday, August 1, 2014

The Black Faun


In case you are wondering, I am dealing with sadness by working day & night.. : )

I should probably start restocking my autumn/winter items, but right now I really feel the urge to follow my inspiration and create whimsical fantasy creatures.. so here is another faun, this time with a tiny elf friend and a Jackalope companion to go with him. Minimal design, sober colours (just black, white, light pink and antique gold) for a One Of A Kind little figurine that is both cute and a bit creepy. : )

What do you think about this style?







(also: accidents that sometimes happen when working with black paint :P )


I managed to get black acrylic on my arms, hands, hair and even legs.. 
still not sure about what happened! :D



The Black Faun is available in my Storenvy shop.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't is amazing how black paint seems to get over everything even when you are careful. Well worth it though, I think your black fawn is wonderful. It is good you are dealing with your sadness by being creative but don't forget to take care of yourself in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black fawn is very sleek, and cute too! But as you say, he looks sober and serious. I love the mini Jackalope - his gold antlers especially :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mijbil,
    He is great...well worth the black paint accident.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete