Friday, February 6, 2015

A Turquoise Tokidoki Unicorn


Fun fact: when I started working on this little Tokidoki unicorn, I sort of planned to keep it minimal, at least for the sculpt. Just a fluent mane & tail, a more detailed horn, and yeah, ok, a teeny tiny dragon to go on hs head, just to spice it up a bit. But when it came to painting, all my minimalist intentions were blown away, and replaced by a burst of craziness that led me to spend literally days painting the most intricate, complex and detailed pattern ever all over the toy's surface.

But after countless hours of work, I have to admit that I am proud of the final result! :) 
Moreover, it reminds me of the traditional decorations of the Venetian carnival, and since I've been feeling pretty nostalgic these days, it's good to see I still have a connection with my hometown and its history. : )


And since this piece feels so special to me, I've decided to put it up for sale 
on a Ebay auction (my first ever!)

So, if you are interested, don't miss the chance. This is of course a
OOAK toy, and I really hope it will find a loving new owner.. good luck
to anyone who wants to join the auction! : )


Ps: I though some Work In Progress pics were also worth sharing, along with some more shoots of the final result. Hope you will like them! : )











See you soon! <3

Mijbil

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous. My daughter can't keep her eyes off this one. So cute with the little dragon toy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some work of art! A true masterpiece! And the little dragon is such a cutie!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete