Friday, October 28, 2016

Inspired by ProMarker - Winsor&Newton art challenge


I drew a thing for the Winsor&Newton art challenge on Instagram.
It was a great chance to practice with markers - I have a growing collection of those, but too often I opt for digital coloring, which is not quite as fun. The artwork was inspired by a quite amazing bookstore in Venice (my hometown), which is considered one of the most beautiful and whimsical in the world. Such a dreamy place!

If you like my drawing, please like it here, it would truly mean a lot to me!
And if you are in Venice, don't miss the chance to stop by the unique Acqua Alta bookstore and pet its many cats! 
(also: Acqua Alta means "high tide", so make sure to bring some rubber boots!)




(the picture behind the cat is a miniature version of "The Robing of the Bride" by Max Ernst, a painting that can also be seen in Venice at the Peggy Guggenheim museum)



(bookstore pics from here)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic Book shop! It would make a Great Miniature setting! I Love your drawing too! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing. :) I love black cats and so does Hester Hogwart. Your drawing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete